Monday, May 12, 2008

Mom again







Well New Orleans was beautiful...the French Quarter anyways. If you have never been I suggest it. It feels like you stepped back in time (and really you did) The buildings are 100's of years old. I love history and different cultures. The French Quarter really has French influence there. While we were there we did the tour of New Orleans. I really thought after 2 years there would be lots of progress in rebuilding. Out of the 4 1/2 hour tour we spent 3 hours looking at all the houses that are now vacant due to the Levey break. We also saw the 9th Ward. My heart broke to see how poor these people are and how they still have no where to live. There is so much poverty. I just wanted to jump out and help. There is so much work to be done. I was amazed to find there is about 1/2 the population there, so many people had nothing to come back to, they just didn't.


I did find the natives were proud to be there, and proud of their city. The French Quarter is something to be proud of.


Last...the best part...the FOOD. Josh and I ate about 5 meals a day. We had crawfish, oysters, po-boys, mufflettas, jambalaya, bennetes, dirty rice.....the list goes on. Food alone is a good enough reason to visit. Now all I have to do is work off everything I ate there!!! :)

No comments: